This plugin takes care of most of the dirty work of installing Multi-Site on WordPress 3.0. However, there may be some server-side changes you may need to do before upgrading to Multi-Site. Please refer to Multi-Site requirements before using this plugin.
Please see the support forum for assistance.
- Easily upgrade your WordPress 3.0 blog into Multi-Site with the click of a single button.
- WordPress 3.0+
- Apache server (IIS & Ngnix NOT supported by this plugin.)
- If you download the plugin manually with the link above, make sure it is uploaded to “/wp-content/plugins/”.
- Activate in the “Plugins” admin panel using the “Activate” link.
- A new menu item under ‘Settings’ is added, it is titled ‘Enable Multi-Site’. Follow the instructions on it’s screen.
- After activating the plugin, click “Enable Multi-Site” located in the “Settings” menu title in the administration panel.
- Fill in the required information.
- Click “Install”.
- Login to WordPress again.
V1.5 February 19th 2011
- Fixed issue where .htaccess type was not being created properly.
- Reworked some security checks.
- Started development on the ability to reverse Multi-Site.
Made it PHP 4 friendly.
- Gave the users the ability to override the subdomain vs subfolder warnings.
V1.4 July 19th 2010
- Fixed bug where .htaccess was not being created correctly for some users. Multi-Blogs where not forwarding correctly and users were not able to access their wp-admin panel or see their themes properly.
V1.3 July 13th 2010
- Reverted bug fix where the “Network” tab was appearing under the “Tools” menu. This is not supposed to happen.
- Added links to documentation regarding Multi-Site and all of its requirements.
V1.2 – July 10th 2010
- Fixed bug where some users received the message: “Fatal error: Cannot redeclare network_step1()”
V1.1 – July 9th 2010
- Fixed bug where the “Network” tab was not appearing under the “Tools” menu.
- Fixed bug where /wp-content/blogs.dir was not being created correctly
- Made small changes to error checking.
V1.0 – July 8th 2010
- Plugin Released
- Reverse Multi-Site Install
- IIS Support.
- Ngnix Support.